The last month seems to have flown by, with children, school and work taking an even faster pace than usual, as we head towards the summer holidays, they are finally here!
As a Mum and small business owner being able to multi-task is essential, sometimes balls get dropped, hopefully not the important things like forgetting lunch or picking up your child from school (I am waiting for that call). So, how are you keeping your business on track over the long summer holidays plus “mindfully” spend time with the family? Luckily, quite a few of your clients will be heading off on holiday too, so things should naturally slow down, but of course this will also depend upon the nature of your business.
I have been gathering some ideas on how to keep your business on track over the long holiday, here are some top tips:
- What do you want to achieve? This is one of the most important questions to ask yourself, are you going achieve your best sales ever! Probably not, so be realistic with your business objectives during August, if you have some down time start thinking ahead.
- Planning! Forward plan and trying to do as much as possible in advance will help, if you are working ahead of time then it makes it easier to slow down throughout July/ August or get ready for the busy final quarter of the year.
- Virtual PAs: Not surprisingly a virtual PA recommended this to me, but she was right. If you can find someone that you can work with then they can be a great support to pick up the slack when you are on holiday and keep things ticking over.
- Timing: Try to assign time for the family and time for work (although perhaps a bit less that usual). There are a great choice of summer camps available to cater for everyone’s likes.
- Looking forward: If your business naturally slows down then you could also take a day or two to review your business direction, undergo some training you have been meaning to do all year, refresh your website copy or get ready for September.
With the above in mind, I am going to slow down time over the summer and come back with re-newed energy in September to maximise on the final quarter of the year.
I have set up some workshops for the later part of the year, if you would like to get your business focus and your energy back after the long holidays we would love for you to join us!
I would love to hear what other top tips you have as to how you manage your business over the summer, please get in touch and I can then share any learning and insight via my newsletter and social media channels.
Wishing you a brilliant summer holiday!