I can’t believe we are back at school already, summer holidays are over and we are back into what I think is the best quarter of the year! I know that so many of you find the final autumn quarter is when a lot of business gets done, there is a real focus on setting up your marketing before the madness and mayhem of Christmas.
So how do we get ourselves off the beach and back into work mode? Well this can be tricky, especially when you work by yourself. Here are some ideas as to how to get back into work this Autumn:
- Marketing Strategy: Review your Marketing Strategy and plan, understand if you are on track and heading in the right direction. Are your objectives still right or have you already achieved them? Or perhaps you have taken a totally new direction? Either is fine, it is just good to sense check things and make sure you are still happy with what is being achieved.
- Network: If you spend time at home on your own, it can be difficult to get your motivation back. Head out to some good local network events and start talking about your business! There are lots of great network groups out there, all slightly different and will appeal to different people and businesses. Some good ones I have found are: Windsor Business Community; Maidenhead Business Girls; BizMums – Englefield Green; Fabulous Women; Athena; and Business Biscotti.
- Communicate: Start to re-engage with your target audience if you have slowed down over the summer, think about what might help you to re-engage with them. Perhaps offer a competition or special offer via your social media or email marketing channels!
- Get some help! If there are parts of your business you do not like, why not get some help. I know when I started my business I really did not want to do my accounts and always wanted to be able to buy in this expert help. What are the things on your “to do list” that you like the least? If marketing is one of them, then do please get in touch as I would love to help whether it is in a mentoring/ guiding; workshops or doing role!
- Enjoy your business as that is why you work for yourself, right?
Wishing you a productive September!