At Rimu Marketing we work with a number of inspirational small businesses across a diverse range of sectors. We wanted to share a recent client case study illustrating the type of marketing support we can offer our clients. We have worked with The Mind Hub for about 6-months and in that time we have laid down some really solid marketing foundations, it is exciting to see the business is starting to flourish.
About the Business:
The Mind Hub is a mindfulness and wellbeing business, dedicated to bringing mindful practice into the workplace, schools or the home. Tricia teaches courses and workshops using Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), which is cited as being as effective as anti-depressants on the NHS website. Tricia is an amazing lady, calm, kind and on a crusade to bring science based mindfulness practice into the common place. With a corporate career behind her, and now bringing Mindfulness to leading blue chip brands such as Johnson & Johnson, Coca Cola and John Lewis Johnson; she is without doubt a leading authority on the practice of mindfulness.
When we started to work together at the end of 2018, Tricia had a good solid business but was keen to take it to the next level, enabling her to extend her client base and audience engagement. Our start point was to build our marketing strategy and start to establish our harvest media channels.
- Marketing Strategy: We started at the beginning and I worked with Tricia to write the marketing strategy, content and marketing plan. This process is great for helping the business owner focus on what they are doing, why they are doing it and more importantly what success looks like.
- Website Build: We worked to evolve the website and review the customer journey to ensure that the service proposition and how Tricia can help her clients was clear. An effective website is an essential part of successful marketing and key to business growth in today’s digital market place.
- Blog: We have also started to write a monthly blog. An important part of any small business marketing mix, as not only does it support the website SEO but also conveys more information about the business and how they can help their target client.
- Email Marketing: Through monthly email marketing The Mind Hub has continued to connect regularly with their client base, the open and click through rates are significantly higher than the industry average and continue to grow.
- Social Media: In support of the other marketing activity, we have also started to engage and build our social media presence. Both Linked In and Facebook have been noted as the two key networks, reflecting the slightly different parts to the business.
Creative example of the new Mind Hub website:
What Happens Next?
We have laid down some great marketing foundations as we move into the final quarter of 2019 and into 2020. Congratulations to Tricia and the team on all that has been achieved so far – there are more exciting projects on the horizon – Watch this space!
“My business was evolving and I knew I needed more of a strategic plan going forward, but I was struggling to achieve this on my own. After meeting Sophie for our initial strategy session, I quickly realised there was much more to marketing than managing my social media posts! With Sophie’s expert guidance, I now have a shiny new website, a solid foundation to work with and a working business strategy driving the business forward. Sophie is much more than a marketing expert, but also my mentor who guides, and gives me the push I need, to keep growing, whilst taking the load so that I can go out and do the work I love.”